This Month at S.A.F.E. Project US
Read their stories, Share yours here.
S.A.F.E. Project US' Six Lines of Operation
If our nation is going to reverse this epidemic, we need to start treating it like the national emergency it really is. Success will only be made possible through a concerted effort along six lines of operation, links to which are listed below. The first five are so deeply intertwined that failure in one will likely mean failure of the entire effort.
1) Public Awareness — Raise the level of awareness of the causes and nature of the disease of addiction, its associated costs, and how to reverse the opioid epidemic.
2) Full-Spectrum Prevention — Research substance abuse prevention, support prevention programs across the spectrum potential victims, and provide advice to families to prevent addiction in their children.
3) Prescription Medicine — Raise awareness of non-addictive pain management methods, support tighter opioid prescription protocols, and support research into non-addictive pain management drugs.
4) Law Enforcement & Medical Response — Encourage and support law enforcement efforts to remove illegal drug availability and help prevent overdoses in real-time.
5) Treatment & Recovery — Provide resources and advice regarding treatment and recovery options.
6) Family Outreach & Support — Provide meaningful advice, assistance, and lessons learned to friends or families with a member who is coping with addiction.
Please consider donating to S.A.F.E. Project US to support the cause. S.A.F.E. Project US currently has no openings but we are always looking to connect. Learn more here.
➤ A Navy admiral lost his son to opioid addiction. Now he’s marshaling support to end the epidemic (The Washington Post)
Please direct all media inquiries to Rosemary Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org).