Stop the Addiction Fatality Epidemic (S.A.F.E. Project US) is committed to contributing in a tangible way to overcoming the epidemic of opioid addiction in the United States. We're on a mission to save lives - by helping individuals struggling with addiction and the families, schools, organizations, cities and towns that support them. Our growing team of industry professionals are passionate about the work we do and the people we seek to serve every single day.
We offer top-tier compensation and a flexible work schedule - all while working towards making a positive impact on our communities.
Are you an enthusiastic leader with a proven track record of solving complex challenges? Do you possess excellent organizational & leadership skills? Are you interested in using those skills to work for a fast-growing nonprofit? If so, we're looking for you to join our team!
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated Director of Full-Spectrum Prevention with a proven track record of operating in a start-up environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing this line of operation within the S.A.F.E. Project US' framework. Leveraging the cross-cutting supporting directors, and cooperating closely with the other directors of lines of operation, the Director of Full-Spectrum Prevention will report to the Executive Director and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to produce significant progress in reversing the opioid epidemic at the national, state and local levels.
- The Director will thoroughly familiarize herself or himself with S.A.F.E. Project US’ six lines of operation of: public awareness, full-spectrum prevention, prescription medicine, law enforcement and medical response, treatment and recovery, and family outreach.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications, National Coordination, and Assessment, Research and Technical Development Directors to maximize the impact of the S.A.F.E. Project US effort within the assigned lines of operation.
- Coordinate with the directors of the other lines of operation to leverage synergies and avoid duplication of effort.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the lines of operation.
- Develop dissemination system to share organizational learning with a broad range of communities.
- Ensure that key project outcomes and/or policy, advocacy, and legislation are evaluated and leveraged for maximum community and organizational impact.
- Develop the Full-Spectrum Prevention line of operation.
- Work especially closely with the Communications and National Coordination Directors to formulate prevention programs.
- Explore and spread best practices for addiction prevention.
- As S.A.F.E. Project US matures, recruit and manage a team to further enhance support provided to the six lines of operation.
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors Degree
- Passion for S.A.F.E. Project US' mission.
- Experience in awareness and education initiatives in either the sociological, psychological, or technical fields with emphasis on producing practical solutions to difficult problems.
- If feasible, technical expertise in a relevant field that is leverage-able into uncovering, exploring, or supporting technical efforts in the field of opioid addiction.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with research partners.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator; demonstrated experience writing and editing research topics in a manner that is readily understandable by both the expert and the layman.
- Innovative thinker, able to work in a team environment in a supporting role.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.