Resources for Addiction & Substance Use Disorder:
- LGBTQ+, Family and Substance Use Disorder Information and Resources (Partnership to End Addiction)
- 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Lesbian, Gay, & Bisexual (LGB) Adults: Provides a window into the state of substance use and mental health issues among lesbian, gay, and bisexual adults.
- How the LGBTQIA+ Community Has Impacted the Recovery Movement
- Substance Use and SUDs in LGBTQ* Populations
- Faces and Voices of Recovery: LGBTQ+ Recovery Resources
- Gay & Sober
- Gay and Lesbians in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Inspire Recovery
- Trans & GNC Weekly All Recovery Meeting: The Trans & GNC Weekly All Recovery Meeting is a virtual recovery meeting hosted by ARHE for trans and gender non-conforming folks in recovery. The meetings are held weekly on Wednesdays from 7-8 pm EST.
Resources for Mental Health:
- Behavioral Health Equity: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (via SAMHSA)
- LGBTQ+ Communities And Mental Health (via Mental Health America)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: LGBTQI
- Pride Counseling: At Pride Counseling, therapists recognize that the LGBTQ community deals with mental health issues at a disproportionately higher rate and want to make help accessible for everyone.
- Take the #NoShame pledge: Join SAFE Project’s national movement to combat stigma, because there’s #NoShame in getting help for mental health and addiction.
Support and Educational Resources:
- It Gets Better
- Hearts and Ears, Inc.
- National LGBT Health Education Center
- Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbian and Gays
- National Center for Transgender Equality: This website has many different resources for transgender people, and advocates the need for policy change to advance transgender equality.
- The Trevor Project: In addition to being a leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ people, The Trevor Project also provides education and additional resources on its website.
- Influences on Addiction and Mental Health in the LGBT Population Webinar
- LGBTQ+ Sober Folks to Follow on Instagram (via The Temper)
- Bullying: LGBT Youth
- Recovery Beyond the Binary: Why LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Matters to Everyone