Updated: October 2022
Resources for Addiction & Substance Use Disorder:
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center: About Recovery
- LGBTQ+, Family and Substance Use Disorder Information and Resources (Partnership to End Addiction)
- 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Lesbian, Gay, & Bisexual (LGB) Adults: Provides a window into the state of substance use and mental health issues among lesbian, gay, and bisexual adults.
- How the LGBTQIA+ Community Has Impacted the Recovery Movement
- Substance Use and SUDs in LGBTQ* Populations
- Faces and Voices of Recovery: LGBTQ+ Recovery Resources
- Gay & Sober
- Gay and Lesbians in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Inspire Recovery
- Trans & GNC Weekly All Recovery Meeting: The Trans & GNC Weekly All Recovery Meeting is a virtual recovery meeting hosted by ARHE for trans and gender non-conforming folks in recovery. The meetings are held weekly on Wednesdays from 7-8 pm EST.
Resources for Mental Health:
- Behavioral Health Equity: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (via SAMHSA)
- LGBTQ+ Communities And Mental Health (via Mental Health America)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: LGBTQI
- Pride Counseling: At Pride Counseling, therapists recognize that the LGBTQ community deals with mental health issues at a disproportionately higher rate and want to make help accessible for everyone.
- Take the #NoShame pledge: Join SAFE Project’s national movement to combat stigma, because there’s #NoShame in getting help for mental health and addiction.
- The Association of LGBTQ+ Psychiatrists
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- LGBTQ+ Behavioral Health Equity Center of Excellence
- LGBT Foundation
Support and Educational Resources:
- It Gets Better
- Hearts and Ears, Inc.
- National LGBT Health Education Center
- Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbian and Gays
- National Center for Transgender Equality: This website has many different resources for transgender people, and advocates the need for policy change to advance transgender equality.
- The Trevor Project: In addition to being a leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ people, The Trevor Project also provides education and additional resources on its website.
- Influences on Addiction and Mental Health in the LGBT Population Webinar
- LGBTQ+ Sober Folks to Follow on Instagram (via The Temper)
- Bullying: LGBT Youth
- Recovery Beyond the Binary: Why LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Matters to Everyone
Addiction & Mental Health Resources for the Black CommunityRecovery, prevention, and mental health resources designed specifically for the Black community.
Addiction & Mental Health Resources for the Latinx/Hispanic CommunitiesRecovery, prevention, and mental health resources designed specifically for the Latinx/Hispanic communities.
Addiction & Mental Health Resources for AAPI CommunitiesRecovery, prevention, and mental health resources designed specifically for the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
Resources for Diverse PopulationsAs part of our commitment to advocate for marginalized communities within the recovery community, we have put together diverse and inclusive substance use disorder and mental health resources.