Providing communities with the tools and resources they need to successfully reduce the impact of the addiction epidemic.
What is SAFE Communities?
SAFE Communities is a partner to all, creating and sharing sustainable, comprehensive ways to respond to the addiction epidemic. Together, we collaborate with communities across the nation to convert intent into action so they can become more resilient and able to respond to the impacts of mental health and substance use disorders.
Explore Our SAFE Communities Resources
I need training and/or technical assistance:
I’m an individual or family
member seeking help:
I want to help save
a life every day:
More About SAFE Communities
We promote practical, innovative solutions while aligning with standards in the field, use a national platform to fuel local success stories, build collaboration within communities, and focus on sustainable short- and long-term goals.
• Expert Consultation
• Leadership Development and Training
• Learning Communities
• Group-Process Facilitation
• Resource Development
• Best Practices
• Community Education
• Federal, State, and Local Governments
• Non-Profit and Community-Based Organizations
• Health Care Providers, Practitioners, and Systems
• Mental Health, Substance Use and Recovery Support Services Professionals
• Private and Public School Systems
• Faith Community
• Private Sector and Business Community
• Local Philanthropy
• Individuals and Families
• Community Coalitions
• Task Forces
• Special Interest Groups