Dedicated to building tomorrow’s leaders and improving collegiate recovery supports on campuses across the country.
The Collegiate Recovery Leadership Academy was created in 2018, through SAFE Project’s Campuses initiative. The goal of the Leadership Academy is to develop and cultivate future leaders from college campuses across the nation. The Leadership Academy is an academic year-long fellowship for any college student who is passionate about the intersection of collegiate recovery, leadership, and service to others. It is open to students who are in recovery, as well as recovery allies.
Benefits of the Leadership Academy include:
- Professional and personal development
- Opportunity to network with students from around the nation who are also passionate about collegiate recovery
- Invitation to the SAFE Project Collegiate Recovery Leadership Summit
- Resume booster
- Involvement in a national movement
- Scholarship to the Association of Recovery in Higher Education (ARHE) National Conference at the conclusion of the program
- Create and execute a project on their campus that has a positive impact on collegiate recovery
- Receive mentorship from experts in the field
- Participate in the SAFE Project Collegiate Recovery Leadership Summit
- Participate in educational webinars throughout the year
- Receive financial assistance to attend the ARHE National Conference
- Student must be enrolled in a post-secondary education program throughout the duration of the 2020/2021 academic year
- Student must be interested in collegiate recovery, leadership, and advocacy.
Applications for the 2020/2021 Leadership Academy will open on July 1, 2020!