Dedicated to building tomorrow’s leaders and improving collegiate recovery supports on campuses across the country.
The Collegiate Recovery Leadership Academy (CRLA) is an academic year-long fellowship program for students who are passionate about the intersection of collegiate recovery, leadership, and advocacy. Students who are accepted into the CRLA will implement a collegiate recovery focused impact project on their campus, receive advocacy training, attend two in-person events, and be part of a supportive cohort of peers from around the country.
- Student must be enrolled in post-secondary coursework throughout the duration of the 2021/2022 academic year
- Student must be interested in collegiate recovery, leadership, and advocacy.
Benefits of the Leadership Academy include:
- Involvement in shaping the future of collegiate recovery
- Deepen professional and personal development
- Social justice and advocacy training to create sustainable change
- Build relationships with other passionate students
- Two all-expense paid trips to connect with peers and mentors from around the country
Accepted Students Receive:
- All-expense paid trip to attend the SAFE Project Collegiate Recovery Leadership Academy Summit in Washington, DC (November 2021)
- All-expense paid trip to attend the SAFE Project Leadership Retreat (June 2022)
- Support to plan and implement a collegiate recovery focused impact project on campus
- Personalized educational and advocacy training
“Before I started my journey with the CRLA I thought that I was alone in my vision to bring addiction recovery awareness to higher education. This program has shown me that is not the case and that I am in fact surrounded by many others who share my values, hopes, and dreams.”
–Melissa H., Iowa State University
“The CRLA gave me a voice. I felt empowered and accepted. I learned that there is value to my lived experience and that my past is my greatest resource. I was able to connect with other students in recovery and feel like less of an imposter. I learned I was not alone and that, if I had the courage, I could make a difference on my campus, and I did, all because the CRLA supported me every step of the way.”
-Matthew P., Florida Atlantic University
“This was an absolutely incredible program. Not only has this helped to grow our campus program, but I myself have grown. I have gained confidence and been able to connect with people I never would have been able to connect with without this program.”
-Lilinoe K., University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa