Dedicated to building tomorrow’s leaders and improving collegiate recovery supports on campuses across the country.
The Collegiate Recovery Leadership Academy was created in 2018, through SAFE Project’s Campuses initiative. The goal of the Leadership Academy is to develop and cultivate future leaders from college campuses across the nation. The Leadership Academy is an academic year-long fellowship for any college student who is passionate about the intersection of collegiate recovery, leadership, and service to others. It is open to students who are in recovery, as well as recovery allies.
Applications for the 2020/2021 Leadership Academy are now closed!
- Student must be enrolled in a post-secondary education program throughout the duration of the 2020/2021 academic year
- Student must be interested in collegiate recovery, leadership, and advocacy.
Benefits of the Leadership Academy include:
- Deepen professional and personal development
- Social justice and advocacy training to create sustainable change
- Build relationships with other passionate student leaders
- Involvement in shaping the future of collegiate recovery
- Memorable weekend with fellow Academy students
Accepted Students Receive:
- Funding to implement a collegiate recovery project on their campus
- Mentorship from experts in the field
- Admission to SAFE Project Collegiate Recovery Leadership Summit
- Access to personalized educational trainings
- Free, all-inclusive trip to attend the SAFE Project Leadership Retreat in June 2021