The opposite of addiction is connection
SAFE Choices aims to offer connection opportunities for all youth.
SAFE Choices will:
- Offer skill enhancement – “Knowledge is power to empower”
- Connect and mobilize – “Choose action to promote your health”
- Amplify youth voices – “Your voice matters; embrace the choice to be a positive influencer”
- Celebrate you – “All youth reaching their fullest potential”
Get Connected – Action Ideas For Youth
- Host a “No Shame” Pledge signing event(s) — get a conversation about stigma started.
- Implement a “Gone for Good” Deterra Drug Deactivation Kit distribution project.
- Support National Black Balloon Day in March.
- Hold a National Drug & Alcohol Facts Week competition in April.
- Show support of National Prevention week in May.
- Engage in a positive media messaging campaign.
- Partner with coaches and athletes in support of “Think PT before a Pill”.
- Plan a tribute service on International Overdose Awareness Day on August 31.
- Show support during National Recovery Month in September.
- Wear and share Red Ribbon Week ribbons and messages in October.
- Serve as a youth advocate for the fields of substance use prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery by meeting face to face with local, state, and national elected officials.
- Take an additional step and serve as a youth mentor by being a positive influence on the lives of others.
NOTE: In all the above listed options, SAFE Choices is dedicated to providing quality Technical Assistance.